Changes to opening hours
Please note, Morpeth and Prudhoe HWRCS are now closed every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Any permits generated for these days will not be valid. Please use an alternative site open 7 days/ week for permit applications if you wish to attend on a Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Before you make your waste permit application
Private use domestic cars, including people carriers, twin cab pick-ups, SPV’s and campervans with windows and seats in the rear do not require a permit.
The following are all allowed with a permit:
- Any van, private or trade weighing less than 3.5 tonnes
- Trailer / Horse Box more than 5ft but no longer than 9ft long
- Single cab pick-up truck or 4 x 4 with no rear seats and no rear windows or with removable or canvas canopy
Photographic proof of ID linking you to the address the waste is coming from will be required e.g. Driving Licence or
Passport and Utility Bill.
- Although you are allocated 12 permits per annum, for accuracy only 1 permit can be applied for at one time.
- A maximum of 3 permits can be applied for per 7 days.
- Only household waste is permitted. Commercial or trade waste of any sort cannot be taken to the HWRC.
- If the permit is not used or you fail to attend your chosen time slot please note the permit cannot be reallocated to your yearly or 7 day allowance.
If you agree with these terms, please continue with the booking system.
Start Now >